Thursday, July 07, 2005

It's a small world after all

My first "assignment" from school was to go order food, and obviously, eat at a French cafe. I chose a reasonably priced cafe on a large corner of the huge boulevard Saint Germain des Pres. The resteraunt was pretty empty so I was able to sit in a seat next to the window and people watch.

I ordered french onion soup, why not I am in France. As I was hunkered over the soup, trying to get the cheese into my mouth without it stringing out everywhere, when I began to hear a tapping on the window next to me. As I wrestled over getting the last of the soup into my mouth I heard someone enter the Cafe and say "Marisa." I looked up to find a obvious San Joseian standing in front of me, obvious because of the Polartec, jeans and Nike outfit he was wearing. I looked at him with confusion, I am pretty sure I have never seen him before. He then pointed to the window next to me and said "I am Chris' friend." And low and behold the cause of the knocking sound was my favorite Professor from SJSU and her husband.

I knew she was in Paris on vacation and I was hoping to meet up with her, but this was bizzare. Especially taken into account that the last time she saw me my hair was like three or four inches longer and it would have been hard to recongize me hunched over a bowl of soup. She came into the cafe and we chatted a bit. She is headed off to Burgundy, for the wine I suppose :)

So the saying really is true, it is a small world after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home