Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's going to get hot here!

I hate the heat. They said it aill get close to the 90s today. YUCK! I think I will go hang out in the shade at the Luxemburg Gardens. Thank Heavens there is a lot of shade there.

Yesterday Olivia, a girl in my program, and I went out for my first real meal at a cafe(sans homework.) I had some yummy salmon. I was a little scared about ordering fish in europe since the last time someone I know did it ended up to be Bat Ray- like a stingray. YUCK!

We then went and recharged my cell phone, since it was completely out of minutes. I went to a small Tabac store, like a newspaper stand. It was my first complete conversation in French. I paid for the card and then asked him to recharge it for me, since the whole cell phone instructions are in French and I don't know what they are saying. He was kind enough to do it for me and I was so grateful. I said merci beaucoup.

So everything is going well here. Even the language is making some sense. I still haven't decided what to do for my free weekend. Hopefully I will figure that out soon.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the listings for Laura Tonatto are:
Home Autour de Monde - no address
Conran Shop- 117 Rue du Bac or 30 Bd des Capucines. I looked up Home Autour on the internet and got MarieClaire Maison - like a magazine - can't read french or understand the translation - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. So can't figure out an address. Do they have a phone book? Buddy says HI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home